5 Ways to Sit Back and Let the World Go By...
At some point in your hectic life, you may feel like screaming “Stop the world, I want to get off!” Life can come at you in a blur at times. It’s at those moments you want to sit back and let the world go by.
Taking time to refresh yourself is extremely important in today's hurried pace. Rather than trying to ‘keep up with the Joneses,’ why not make a change to your life for the better. Learn to step back on a regular basis and enjoy a day of peace and quiet.
1. Do you like to read but never find time to do it?
- How long has it been since you’ve simply lost yourself in a book? Set aside time each week to do just that. Give yourself permission to spend a couple of hours delving into the newest novel by your favorite author. Or go back and re-read one of your favorite books. Curl up with a cup of coffee or hot tea and allow yourself to get lost in the pages. You’ll feel refreshed and more ready to face your busy schedule once you’ve taken a break.
- How about a long weekend where you could get away from your normal schedule? If you live close to the beach, setting aside time to enjoy the sunshine and the sound of the waves may be just what your family needs to get rejuvenated.
- Take your full allotted time so you can relax a little bit before rejoining the rat race. Spend some time sitting on a bench watching the people passing by. Enjoy the warmth of the sun and the fresh air. You’ll be amazed at how awake you are when you return to work.
- Not only will exercise strengthen your muscles, it will also help reduce the effects of stress you may be feeling. Does this mean you have to spend hours at the gym to get these benefits? Of course not. However, a minimum of 30 minutes three days a week is recommended to get the most benefit.
- What’s a meditation retreat? They are short trips to facilities which are known for being quiet. This could be a convent or monastery but could also be a campground in the mountains. The point is to take the time away from your stress-filled days to reconnect with your own hopes and dreams by spending time in meditation.